Are you interested in playing with Mafaldas in MOPTA 2022

• 17 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi AIMMS Community,

This is Juan writing, Ph.D. student at Deakin University. We are looking for a player who wants to join our team to compete with us in the MOPTA Competition 2022.

Who are we looking for?

• Someone passionate about optimisation, no matter his level skill level, we can assign the activities to perform according your skills.
  • Someone who speaks English, but if you do not, if you speak Spanish, Portuguese or Chinese, we might make it work. 
  • Someone who is full time student during the 2021-2022 spring term.
  • Someone who has at least between 5 and 10 hours/week available to dedicate to the competition from the 1st April  2022 to the 15th May 2022

Who is our team?

Name: MAFALDAS.

Why?

1. We have two ladies in our team and we want to honour them with a female name (find more about Mafalda here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafalda)
  2. MAFALDA is a symbol of peace
  3. MAFALDAS in plural because we are based in Australia, and Aussies like naming their teams in plural. i.e. the Aussie women soccer team is called Matildas. 

Players:

Advisor: Vicky Mak-Hau

Player 1: Trudy Lam

Player 2: Juan Calle

Player 3: maybe you who is reading this post?

Trainee: Andres Gomez (he will not be registered as an official player).

What we offer?

A fun, multicultural and respectful environment to learn from each other, play and optimise.

If you are interested:

Send me an email to: jcallesalazarATdeakin.edu.au with a short mesage that tells why are you passionate about optimisation and any questions you might have. 

We will be receiving applications to play with us until next Saturday 26th of March.

With gratitude, 

Juan

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello Juan, How are you?

I’m doing a PhD in Operation Research / Supply Chain Management.

I’m interested. How can i contact you? . 

My email is lwilbert@zlc.edu.es 

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Luis,

I am very well thanks.

Thanks so much for your interest, I will e-mail you.

Juan

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey Juan,

Nice to see you are getting involved in MOPTA!

Good luck!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator