Solved

calling AIMMS in python and the new REST API

• 16 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Dear AIMMS experts, it would be great if there is a working example related to calling AIMMS from python using the latest release REST API.

Also,  following on other recent python-AIMMS questions here, could you kindly clarify the following questions:

1. is the method of calling AIMMS using 'win32com' in python still valid? (as seen in the office github repo example in 'examples/Functional Examples/Calling AIMMSCOM/RunAIMMS.py ' ?
  2. is the previous method of calling python using 'subprocess' module and command line still valid for the recent version of AIMMS ?
  3. does the ways of calling AIMMS in python subject to the type of license I have (I have both free and paid academic licenses) ?
icon

Best answer by Mischa 19 November 2021, 11:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

I take care of the release process at AIMMS and I use the code below to call an AIMMS model from within Python:

The specific details of this code are not relevant, other than that I indeed use the subprocess method to perform the call. Before doing so, I build a command string, which includes some commandline options and some commandline arguments that are picked up in this specific AIMMS model.

I think this should answer your 2nd question.

Kind regards,

Mischa

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator