Hi AIMMS Community,
I am writing a procedure to read in data from an Excel file using the DEX library. Some of our tables have binary data written as strings: “TRUE” and “FALSE”. I have been unsuccessful in reading these values, and am seeking guidance. Here is a simplified example
Test data, I’ve also attached it to this file:
And the XML file (also attached):
I tried a few tests to read in the column with TRUE/FALSE :
- Read into P_test(i_test), a parameter with binary range
- Read into P_test(i_test), a parameter with no defined range
- Read into SP_Test(i_test), a string parameter
- The set “s1” reads successfully into i_test. “value2” also successfully read into SP_Test2.
- “true” autocorrects to “TRUE” in Excel, so it seems that Excel is doing something to format these values. When I save this tab as a CSV, the values show as strings “TRUE” and “FALSE”.
- We have used the most recent DEX library version (126.96.36.199)
Best answer by MarcelRoelofsView original
@MarcelRoelofs , I will try it out with DEX 188.8.131.52!
Nothing was done with boolean cells from an Excel sheet. This is corrected in DEX 184.108.40.206
Thanks for pointing this out!
I reproduced the behavior you described based on your materials in a small project, see enclosed.
I forwarded this example to AIMMS PD&I for investigation.
With kind regards,
Thanks for your response! I’d like to complete the conversion in AIMMS as you outlined, but I’m not able to read into sp_test(i_test).
With the test outlined above, I get empty values into sp_test(i_test), even when the other value is read in correctly.
Have you seen this before?