Solved

the thread tried to read from the virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access

• 30 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I run Power System Optimizer (PSO) developed on AIMMS. The current version of AIMMS we have is 4.30.5.814 on the windows server. The software ran with no issues till last week. However, after probably the server update, AIMMS crashes each time I read input files and throws the following error: the thread tried to read from the virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access. I am not sure what the issue is as the input folder has complete privileges for read/write.

icon

Best answer by Marcel Hunting 3 November 2020, 12:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @ngoteti. That error message and the crash are likely caused by a bug in AIMMS (or in external code if, e.g., an external procedure is used to read in the data). It is best to report crashes and bugs directly to our support, and I would advise you to do the same for this issue.

Did AIMMS generate dump files in the log\ErrorReports folder? If so, please send them to our support such that we can investigate them.

The AIMMS version that you are using is quite old. If this issue is caused by an AIMMS bug then it could be that the issue has been resolved in a newer AIMMS version. So you could try using an newer AIMMS version. Note that this might require that the project has to be upgraded; if you did not build the project yourself then you should probably first contact the person or company who builtĀ it.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator