Solved Implemented

Is there a workaround for plotting "area" on a line graph?

• 18 April 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
While converting a WinUI to a WebUI I have run into a line graph with an area shaded. That's a nice little option in WinUI, however if it's available in WebUI at this point I can't find it.

Is it available? And if not, do you have a recommended workaround in the meantime?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Gertjan 19 May 2020, 15:18

Today we announced in the Product Update that this will be available soon; we expect to make it available in the next release (4.74).

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi @MathFour ,

Unfortunately, the lines are modeled as individual svg path's. Areas can only be filled if they can be described by a closed path, which is currently not the case. For this to happen we would have to reconsider the way the lines are rendered in a line chart.

You may use a BarChart instead. But we will take your feedback into account!
Userlevel 4
Thanks, @Arthur. Please put it on the list as it is easily done in WinUI and clients that want to convert to WebUI have to put this problem on the list of limitations.

Is there a way to squish a barchart over a linechart in a way that it can LOOK like it did in WinUI?
Userlevel 4
@Arthur Can you answer my last question? This is marked solved, but I still need a way to do this.

Thanks
Userlevel 6
@MathFour , unfortunately there is not a way to ‘mix’ a bar and line chart at this point.
Userlevel 3
Is it something that we are going to see in the future?
Userlevel 4
Thanks @MathFour , @gabiservidone ,

I moved this ticket to the Share Your Ideas forum, there where new ideas for our product can be 'dropped'.

https://community.aimms.com/share-your-product-ideas-customers-only-37/how-idea-submission-works-181
Userlevel 6

Today we announced in the Product Update that this will be available soon; we expect to make it available in the next release (4.74).

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator