Solved

Error message: Main project is not an existing folder

• 9 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

When trying to open the aimms file I get the Error message: Main project is not an existing folder. It is from a Zipfile, normal Folder works. Indentical files. What is the error here? 

icon

Best answer by MarcelRoelofs 11 April 2022, 12:39

View original

3 replies

Badge

I get the error, if I send the zipfile and open the AIMMS File which weirdly has only 1 KB, the main project doesn’t exist… please help me solve this hell task  

Userlevel 1
Badge

I get the same error if I try to open an .aimms file in a compressed folder. I think the problem is that you should first unpack the folder again before you can open the model.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

What happens if you open a file directly from a zipfile, is that Windows will unpack that file to a temporary location and will open that file. When AIMMS opens such a temporarily unpacked .aimms file, it also wants to open additional files from the MainProject folder. These are not unpacked by Windows, however, hence opening an AIMMS project directly from a zip file will fail. 

So, I think the error here is that direct access to zip files in Windows Explorer give a false sense that all files in the zip file will be directly accessible, which they are not, unless you unpack the zip file. 

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator