Solved

Error message: Main project is not an existing folder

• 9 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

When trying to open the aimms file I get the Error message: Main project is not an existing folder. It is from a Zipfile, normal Folder works. Indentical files. What is the error here? 

icon

Best answer by MarcelRoelofs 11 April 2022, 12:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

What happens if you open a file directly from a zipfile, is that Windows will unpack that file to a temporary location and will open that file. When AIMMS opens such a temporarily unpacked .aimms file, it also wants to open additional files from the MainProject folder. These are not unpacked by Windows, however, hence opening an AIMMS project directly from a zip file will fail. 

So, I think the error here is that direct access to zip files in Windows Explorer give a false sense that all files in the zip file will be directly accessible, which they are not, unless you unpack the zip file. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I get the same error if I try to open an .aimms file in a compressed folder. I think the problem is that you should first unpack the folder again before you can open the model.

Badge

I get the error, if I send the zipfile and open the AIMMS File which weirdly has only 1 KB, the main project doesn’t exist… please help me solve this hell task  

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator