Trace the calculation path for the result of the target function

• 18 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello Everyone,

I have integrated a vehicle routing problem in AIMMS and was able to solve the model with a case study. I can display the result of the minimized objective function in the Page Manager using a scalar. How can I understand the calculation path for this result? Can I see somewhere which partial results have been calculated for the individual routes or can I display the complete calculation structure? If so, how? 

Thank you in advance! :)

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Dana.Pnsg , I am not sure what you need exactly and therefore I am providing some pointers.

You can obtain intermediate solutions and display them if you use an incumbent callback procedure. Intermediate solutions are complete solutions found during the solving process that typically are not optimal. Two examples demonstrating the usage of the incumbent callback procedure are the following:

Both examples use a vehicle routing problem. Both examples use the AIMMS WinUI to display the selected routes in a network object.

If you want to understand better what the solver is doing then you might want to look at the solver log. How to retrieve a solver log file is explained in this article.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator