Solved

Rake building through wagon building

• 16 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Dear Team,

I have a problem. I need some helps. I have several coils with weight. I have to load coils on wagons. There are two types of wagons. The capacity of two types of wagons are 64 and 67 respectively. I have to make rakes by joining wagons. There are three types of rakes. In one rake type, 1st type of wagon can be used. It takes 4 wagons to make a rake. In rake type 2, 2nd type of wagon can be used and 5 wagons are required to make a rake. If we club two different types of wagons, then also we can make rake. It takes 3 wagons to make a rake. My objective is to make full rakes and utilize all the coils with minimum cost. 

I have designed a variable v_(i_Rake_Type,i_Wagon_Type,i_Wagon,i_Coil). 

The constraint is 

sum[(i_Wagon_Type,i_Wagon), v_WagonType(i_Rake_Type,'Wagon_1',i_Wagon)] = 4*sum[i_Wagon_Type, v_RakeTypeUsed(i_Rake_Type,'Wagon_1')];

I am finding it sometimes problematic. In the last types of rakes, we need to use two different types of wagons. 

Am I doing in right way. Kindly help. 

icon

Best answer by Toine 18 April 2024, 12:03

View original

1 reply

Badge

Hi @RwitamJ,

I don't understand your question. What are you trying to achieve with the constraint you describe?

Some remarks: 

Would it benefit you if you use 4 types of rakes, instead of 3? 
If I understand your problem correctly, there are 4 ways of making full rakes: 
There are only two ways of making a full rake of 3 wagons consisting of two types. Thus, you would get the following rakes:
* 4 wagons of type 1
* 5 wagons of type 2
* 2 wagons of type 1 and 1 wagon of type 2
* 2 wagons of type 2 and 1 wagon of type 1

In the constraint, in both summations you use the index i_Wagon_Type. However, you don't use that in the summation; there you use the fixed index 'Wagon1'. 
Are you using the correct index in your summation?

Kind regards,

Toine

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator