Solved

Migration from Amazon to Azure

• 7 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Dear reader,

I would like to inform our users about the rationale for migrating from Amazon to Azure. Is there an easy explanation for this migration?

Other question is whether the new Azure environment has more powerful hardware? CPU / Memory etc.?

Look forward to your replies

Many thanks in advance

Best regards,

Nort

icon

Best answer by Jan-Willem 9 September 2022, 09:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi Nort,

Our rationale for switching from AWS to Azure:

• Most importantly, quite a few of our customers/prospects have company policies prohibiting use of AWS or have a strong preference not to be on AWS.
  • Many of our customers are using Azure for their own applications and Azure-to-Azure integrations will be easier and better.
  • Additionally AIMMS expects Azure to be a better technical and better business partner.

We do believe our Azure cloud platform has some advantages over our AWS cloud platform:

• It has been completely re-engineered, using our learnings from 5+ years serving customers on the cloud and new technologies such as AKS.
  • It has even better security arrangements than our AWS cloud, because we are using the services of a Microsoft Azure Expert partner for building and running the platform.
  • It will increasingly integrate with other Azure services to help our customers build more powerful applications and integrations more easily.

Regarding your 2nd question: On our Azure cloud we apply the same limits for CPU power and memory volumes as on our AWS cloud platform. When a customers needs more than that we are happy to explore ways to cater for that, because we are not anywhere near the physical limits of Azure.

I hope this answers your questions and please do not hesitate to let me know if you have more questions.

Kind regards,

Jan-Willem

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator