Hi AIMMS Community,
I am writing a procedure to read in data from an Excel file using the DEX library. Some of our tables have binary data written as strings: “TRUE” and “FALSE”. I have been unsuccessful in reading these values, and am seeking guidance. Here is a simplified example
Test data, I’ve also attached it to this file:
And the XML file (also attached):
I tried a few tests to read in the column with TRUE/FALSE :
- Read into P_test(i_test), a parameter with binary range
- Read into P_test(i_test), a parameter with no defined range
- Read into SP_Test(i_test), a string parameter
- The set “s1” reads successfully into i_test. “value2” also successfully read into SP_Test2.
- “true” autocorrects to “TRUE” in Excel, so it seems that Excel is doing something to format these values. When I save this tab as a CSV, the values show as strings “TRUE” and “FALSE”.
- We have used the most recent DEX library version (126.96.36.199)
Best answer by MarcelRoelofsView original