Concatenate variables into a new one

• 9 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone, I am relatively new to AIMMS. 

I have a question with the following: 
I want to concatenate the values from variables: var1 and var2 into var_new. 
For example: 

var1={1,2,3,4}

var2={5,6}

var_new={1,2,3,4,5,6}

How do I do that? 

Thank you in advance! 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @asimonovska , 

If it is an array, var1 and var2 should have some sort of an index. So are you trying to unite the variable values or the sets? Either way, see if it helps:

for int_numb | var1(int_numb) do
    SetElementAdd(s_new, ep_new, var1(int_numb));
endfor;    

for int_numb | var2(int_numb) do
    SetElementAdd(s_new, ep_new, var2(int_numb));
endfor;    

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey, how are you? 

I don’t fully understand yout use case, but, I read that you want to unite two sets. To do that, you can do via procedure or by definition.

Hi, I am doing well. How are you? 
Thank you so much for your reply! I appreciate it.

Hmm, I’ve tried that, but since var1 is not a single value, but it’s an array, then the expression var1(n1) +var2(n2) doesn’t seem to work because of the indices. 

I just want to extend the first array, adding the second one to it. So not quite sure how to perform that with the indices. 

Thanks! 

Thank you Gabriela for helping me out. 

Essentially what I want to do is the following: 

I have OutputL1_1(n1) or that is my var1(int_numb). This variable is an array of n1 elements. 

Then I have OutputL1_2(n2) or that is my var2(int_numb_2). This variable is an array of n2 elements.

What I want to do next is to unite them both so I get: Concat_Output(n3) where n3=n1+n2, and it contains the values of OutputL1_1(n1) and OutputL1_2(n2). 

Then I will use this Concat_Output(n3) further as an input in order to get my final output. 
And I will perform my optimization on top of it. 

Now, I don’t know what s_new and ep_new stand for in your equation. 

Thank you so much for helping me out!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator