Solved

Creating set of sets.

• 19 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi,
I'm making a model of flexible flow shop for academic project and I have a problem with declaring one set(or sets in fact). The set I'm talking about is a set of parallel machins which are bounded to specific stages. It looks more or less like this:
  • t - stage index, t = 1, 2, 3, . . . , k
  • i - machine index, i = 1, 2, 3, . . . , mt (t is upper index)
Do I have to specify every set of machines seperatly for each stage or is there some convinient way of doing it?
icon

Best answer by deannezhang 20 May 2019, 03:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi,

You do not need to specify every set of machines for each stage, what you can do is to introduce a parameter StageMachineMapping (t,i).

If machine i belongs to stage t, then StageMachineMapping is 1, otherwise it's 0.

Then when you declare your decision variables, for example, JobSchedule(t,i,j), which is to assign job j to machine i on stage t, you want to use StageMachineMapping (t,i) as domain condition of this variable, so for each job j the model will only use a machine i if it belongs to stage t. You also need to use this parameter as domain condition for all variables and constrains when it applies.

Hope this helps.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator