Solved

DEX Library Excel Read "TRUE" and "FALSE" values

• 7 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi AIMMS Community,

I am writing a procedure to read in data from an Excel file using the DEX library. Some of our tables have binary data written as strings: “TRUE” and “FALSE”. I have been unsuccessful in reading these values, and am seeking guidance. Here is a simplified example

Test data, I’ve also attached it to this file:

And the XML file (also attached):

I tried a few tests to read in the column with TRUE/FALSE :

1. Read into P_test(i_test), a parameter with binary range
  2. Read into P_test(i_test), a parameter with no defined range
  3. Read into SP_Test(i_test), a string parameter

Additional Notes:

• The set “s1” reads successfully into i_test. “value2” also successfully read into SP_Test2.
  • “true” autocorrects to “TRUE” in Excel, so it seems that Excel is doing something to format these values. When I save this tab as a CSV, the values show as strings “TRUE” and “FALSE”.
  • We have used the most recent DEX library version (2.0.0.1)
icon

Best answer by MarcelRoelofs 8 November 2022, 11:27

View original

4 replies

Badge

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your response! I’d like to complete the conversion in AIMMS as you outlined, but I’m not able to read into sp_test(i_test). 

With the test outlined above, I get empty values into sp_test(i_test), even when the other value is read in correctly. 

Have you seen this before? 

Thanks,

Melody

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey Melody,

I reproduced the behavior you described based on your materials in a small project, see enclosed.

I forwarded this example to AIMMS PD&I for investigation.

With kind regards,

Chris

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @melody.shellman 

Nothing was done with boolean cells from an Excel sheet. This is corrected in DEX 2.0.0.17

Thanks for pointing this out!

Badge

Thank you @MarcelRoelofs , I will try it out with DEX 2.0.0.17!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator