Solved

How can AIMMS solve different scenarios (initial data) at one run?

• 24 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

I want to run the model with different scenarios (data), can I import all the scenarios once and get the result for each scenario in one run?

icon

Best answer by gabiservidone 5 April 2023, 17:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

No, you can only run one loaded scenario per time, but, you can develop a procedure that loads a scenario, delegates it, and save in a prefolder, until all scenarios are run. After that you can load all and compare them at once.

Badge +4

No, you can only run one loaded scenario per time, but, you can develop a procedure that loads a scenario, delegates it, and save in a prefolder, until all scenarios are run. After that you can load all and compare them at once.

Thanks a lot for this reply! Can you tell me what should I refer to to realize this? Like which part of the handbook or language reference should I refer to? Or is there any article realising this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

You do not have access to AIMMS PRO correct? So, to do this locally, it is a matter of:

• Create a set of all scenarios you want to run.
  • Do a for for these scenarios.
  • Check if folder exists (/batchRun)
  • LoadCase on the for
  • solve mp
  • SaveCase on (/batchRun)

Or,

• LoadCase
  • Change the parameter dynamically during this procedure
  • solve mp
  • SaveCase on (/batchRun)

After, to compare all cases, check this article: https://documentation.aimms.com/user-guide/data-management/case-management/managing-multiple-case-selections.html

Badge +4

You do not have access to AIMMS PRO correct? So, to do this locally, it is a matter of:

• Create a set of all scenarios you want to run.
  • Do a for for these scenarios.
  • LoadCase on the for
  • solve mp
  • SaveCase on (/batchRun)

Or,

• LoadCase
  • Change the parameter dynamically during this procedure
  • solve mp
  • SaveCase on (/batchRun)

After, to compare all cases, check this article: https://documentation.aimms.com/user-guide/data-management/case-management/managing-multiple-case-selections.html

I really appreciate this! I will try to do it with this instruction!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator