How-To

How to use a multi-objective approach

• 5 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
In this article we will compare a multi-objective approach to separately solving single objectives.

Let’s take for an example a problem trying to find a healthy diet for a reasonable price. First let’s define our objectives:

• Minimize calories: I’m trying to lose some weight, so my healthy diet should be low in calories.
  • Minimize price: A reasonable price means that it doesn’t have to be the absolute minimum, but should be within a close range.
Now, let’s use the multi-objective feature to solve.

Read more...

4 replies

Badge +4

In this article we will compare a multi-objective approach to separately solving single objectives.

Let’s take for an example a problem trying to find a healthy diet for a reasonable price. First let’s define our objectives:

• Minimize calories: I’m trying to lose some weight, so my healthy diet should be low in calories.
  • Minimize price: A reasonable price means that it doesn’t have to be the absolute minimum, but should be within a close range.

Now, let’s use the multi-objective feature to solve.

Read more...

Can you tell me how to define the “ep_GMP ” in this article?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Chunyang , if you download the example, all details are exposed. You will find that ep_GMP is an element parameter defined over the (predefined set) AllGeneratedMathematicalPrograms.

ElementParameter ep_GMP {
            Range: AllGeneratedMathematicalPrograms;
        }

More information about this subject of math program generation can be found at:

https://how-to.aimms.com/Articles/147/147-GMP-Intro.html

Badge +4

@Chunyang , if you download the example, all details are exposed. You will find that ep_GMP is an element parameter defined over the (predefined set) AllGeneratedMathematicalPrograms.

ElementParameter ep_GMP {
            Range: AllGeneratedMathematicalPrograms;
        }

More information about this subject of math program generation can be found at:

https://how-to.aimms.com/Articles/147/147-GMP-Intro.html

Thanks a lot @Gertjan! I have got it now. By the way, May I ask another question? How can I solve different scenarios within one run? I hope the AIMMS can change the initial data to another scenario automatically after solving a scenario.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

You are welcome @Chunyang 

I noticed that question was posted at:

It would be helpful to be a little more explicit in that question/post; give some more context. Possibly add an example of what you have done so far. I think that will help readers to answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator