Overview: Deprecation of Compound Sets

• 1 April 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
In May 2018 AIMMS announced a plan to deprecate compound sets in stages. Support for compound sets will be fully deprecated after January 1, 2020.

To find out how to identify and remove compound sets from your model without losing functionality, read AIMMS Knowledge: Prepare for the Deprecation of Compound Sets.

This article provides the following background information:
Here is the article

and here's how to prepare (and use set mappings)

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

FYI, the article has been recently updated/expanded by the author - 

• Adapted library for duplicate components in compound sets, for instance:
 Set s_Route {
SubsetOf: (s_Location, s_Location);
}
  • Adapted article to explain why the set Integers should not be used as a compound set component.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Dear All,

I have difficulty to convert my model without any compound set. I included the model in the attachment of this reply. Any suggestion or help will be very meaningful for me.

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @rahmat - sorry to hear you’re having trouble. It can help if you tell more specifically what happened, and what you did so far. If you tried following the procedure from the article already, at what point did you get stuck or find problems? Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello Jess, thank you for you reply. I tried to do each step that explained in the link of preparation for the deprecation of compound set. When I did step 3 (create set mapping declaration), I got the error of “fncIndexForSet(): Unable to find index for set Bus” after I pressed the button Create Set Mapping Declarations.

Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello @Jess Es , thank you for your reply. I tried to do each step that explained in the link of preparation for the deprecation of a compound sets. When I did step 3 (create set mapping declaration), I got the error of “fncIndexForSet(): Unable to find index for set Bus” after I pressed the button Create Set Mapping Declarations.

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hello Rahmat,

The set Bus is used twice in the set Line, therefore it needs two indices.

Please add index i2, next to the index i, for the set Bus. 

With kind regards,

Chris

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hella @Chris Kuip,

Thank you for your reply. It nicely worked and I didn't get the previous error. However, after I pressed the button of “Create set mapping declaration”, I was not able to locate “set mapping declaration” in my model as shown in the figure of step 4.

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hello @rahmat ,

Please check the end of the model tree for this runtime library:

With kind regards,

Chris

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator