Skip to main content

Difference Between Declaration

• 12 July 2024
  • 3 replies

parameter Demo_Lab(c,l) is the element of c. So to declare the constraints, I insert this equation at the constraints definition.
In this picture, I inserted the parameter in index domain of variables. 

So, I have question. What’s the differences between these two type of declaration? and what is the condition to use each of it. Can someone explain to me?

3 replies

Badge +2

Can anyone here help me to understand this? I really appreciate it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

To me not really sure what your exact question is.

One screenshot shows the declaration of the identifier with a certain index domain with a restriction (i.e. only generate the variables for those combinations c,l,t,v for which the Demo_Lab(c,l) parameter is having a non-zero value.

The other screenshot is a constraint that uses the X variable in a summation, but only for those c,l combinations for which Demo_lab(c,l) is non-zero

Badge +2

Not sure what is your exact question! 

The second screenshot suggests that X is a binary variable and it will be created when  “Demo_lab(c,l)” is non-zero. 

If your question is: Where to put index domain specifically? The answer is if you put it while defining the variables, it will be applicable to all the constraints where the ceratin variabls have been defined. 

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator