Skip to main content

I have an excel file with many spreadsheets. Almost all of them have tabular data information. But one of them has information like the image below. I read the documentation I found about dex, but I couldn't find out if it is possible to import using this format and how to do it.

Dear @erika.hashiguti 

You can achieve this by doing:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<AimmsExcelMapping>
    <ExcelSheetMapping name="params">
        <RowMapping>
            <ColumnMapping name="param1" maps-to="p_param1" />
            <ColumnMapping name="p_param2" maps-to="p_param2" />
        </RowMapping>
    </ExcelSheetMapping>
</AimmsExcelMapping>

But, it will read from columns not rows like this:

Bonus, when I want to find something out like this, I “reverse engineer it”, that is, I create a project and allow DEX to generate the mapping for me. Like this:

Procedure pr_generateAndExport {
    Body: {
        dex::GenerateDatasetMappings;
        dex::ReadAllMappings;
        dex::WriteToFile("test.xlsx", "Generated/data-Excel",1);
    }
}

Section importexporttest {
    dex::Dataset: data;
    dex::TableName: params;
    Parameter p_param1 {
        dex::ColumnName: param1;
    }
    Parameter p_param2;
}

Does this help?

Hi Luis,

Thank you, but I already knew how to import using the column mapping. My question was related to the possibility of importing in row mapping. I understand from your answer that only the column mapping is possible.

@erika.hashiguti 

DEX row-based formats always need a header row, which you don't have. If you would have header row, even then you wouldn't be able to read into scalars. You would then be able to read into a one-dimensional parameter, with the first column being a name-binds-to column and the second a maps-to column

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator