Skip to main content

Hi, everyone! 

I’m trying to import a parameter based on a excel sheet. The cell is empty and the parameter is set with a default value of inf, but the parameter keep assuming value of zero. There’s anything that I can do to, if the cell is empty, the value assumed be different than zero?

I don’t know if this should happen or if it’s an issue that has already been fixed. I’m using the verison 4.85, by the way.

Thank you very much!

Hi @beatrizcelante !

I’ve been testing, and I was not able to reproduce it. I am using DEX library (24.0.0.13) to integrate using Excel a parameter that has inf as Default. AIMMS version being 24.5.5.4. Can you share a little bit more on how you are integrating? If you can, can you share a small project as an example of this problem?

Thank you!

Hi, @gabiservidone !

To integrate, I’m using axll::ReadSingleValue. Doing some tests, I discovered that this issue occurs (sometimes, not always) when I set the value in the excel cell and then return the cell to empty. I don't know if it has anything to do with the format of the cell being in number or not, but sometimes after I turn off the computer and start everything again, the problem is solved.

Thank you!

I’ll try and reproduce that again, but can you create a small example where this problem occurs?

Sure!

1 -  Excel Sheet.

The value that i’m trying to import are in the cell B blabla. The cell is empty (I already setted a value in this parameter and it works)

2 - Importing at AIMMS - AimmsXLLibrary Version (1.1.0.22)

Here it is the snippet of code that I’m using

empty P_IMP_LimiteSaqueBB;

empty P_LimiteSaqueBB;

axll::ReadSingleValue(
    ScalarReference :  P_IMP_LimiteDepositoBB,
    Cell            :  FormatString("B%i", P_LinhaAtual));

endblock;

3- Assigning parameters

P_LimiteSaqueBB:= P_IMP_LimiteSaqueBB;

Both P_IMP_LimiteSaqueBB and P_LimiteSaqueBB are with the default set as inf.

Sometimes the P_IMP_LimiteSaqueBB recieves inf and sometimes recieves 0. But P_LimiteSaqueBB  recieves zero for both inf and zero values

Thank you for your help!

Hi @beatrizcelante, I re-tested using multiple AIMMS versions, and was not able to reproduce it… For me, it always return empty cells as zeros. The only difference I see is the AXLL Library version, where I was only able to use 1.1.0.30. Can you update the library and try again? 

I’ll contact you directly about this.  

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator