Skip to main content

I am using SetElementRename to rename one of my elements. However, each time I run the function, it claims that the element is specified in the model and cannot be renamed, but this element is not hard-coded in any part of the model.

Has anyone actually got this function to work?

Hello,

Sure; I have positive experience using SetElementRename.

Please find enclosed a small app that illustrates the use of SetElementRename.
Operating this app:
first add a name, say "1” and press the primary action button in the lower right

Then click the new element in the table, and enter a new spelling for the element, say "One”, and press the primary action button again in the lower right.

The result is as follows:

As you can see, the element in the table is now renamed.

Hope this ensures you that the function SetElementRename works. However, if you have a problem using that function in your application, please share that with a project and detail what to do to highlight your issue.

When your project contains confidential information, please describe your problem in an e-mail with AIMMS User Support: support@aimms.com. Before attaching your confidential project to an e-mail; note that AIMMS User Support can provide you with a link for secure sharing of information.

With kind regards,

Chris

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator