Skip to main content

While writing the suffices ProgramStatus and SolverStatus from a MathematicalProgram identifier to an Excel file using DEX I get numeric values rather than the lables indicated in this table:

https://documentation.aimms.com/language-reference/optimization-modeling-components/solving-mathematical-programs/suffices-and-callbacks.html#table-mp-status

Is there any way to write these labels rather than the corresponding numeric values?

Otherwise, where could I find the corresponding mapping between the numeric values and the labels (status) referred in the previous table?

Not sure what code you are using to write the values, but one way you could force it to be a string is to use something like:

formatstring(“%e”, mpProblem.ProgramStatus)

Thank you @gdiepen for your inputs.

I am using DEX to write the values into an Excel file. The code is the following:

<AimmsExcelMapping>
<ExcelSheetMapping name="Summary">
<RowMapping>
<ColumnMapping name="Program Status" maps-to="MathematicalProgram.ProgramStatus" />
<ColumnMapping name="Solver Status" maps-to="MathematicalProgram.SolverStatus" />
</ExcelSheetMapping>
</AimmsExcelMapping>

Note that I believe I cannot use formatstring(“%e”, MathematicalProgram.ProgramStatus) in DEX

What are the numbers that you see being written to Excel? Are those the ordinal values of these elements by any chance?

I think you might need somebody from AIMMS help out to really fix it (or provide the way it should work).

As a work-around, you could create two parameters:

spMathematicalProgramProgramStatus with definition formatstring(“%e”, MathematicalProgram.ProgramStatus)

spMathematicalProgramSolverStatus with definition formatstring(“%e”, MathematicalProgram.SolverStatus)

and write those two items to the excel file?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator