This document describes how to scale AIMMS PRO. We refer to two types of PRO installations:
- AIMMS PRO On-Premise: PRO installations self-managed by the client, not managed by AIMMS
- AIMMS Cloud Platform: PRO installations managed by AIMMS on cloud technology, using a custom version of PRO
Summary of scaling options
Broadly speaking, there are three scaling scenarios.
- Volume: Serve more concurrent users and/or more concurrent solves
- Geography: Serve geographically spread users with minimum latency
- Power: Run larger models requiring more memory and/or processing power