Skip to main content

In this practical example, an efficient plan is developed for delivering large cargoes using oil tankers.

The model assumes each ship can carry only one cargo at a time, and once the time horizon begins, all vessels head directly to the loading port. Upon loading, each vessel proceeds directly to the delivery location within its designated time window.

Constraints include ensuring each cargo is loaded inside the determined time window, each cargo being transported by only one vessel, and each charter vessels being assigned to only one route at a time.

The objective is to minimize costs associated to combinations of cargoes and routes.

Click here to download the full project!

Reference: Gustavo Diz, Luiz Felipe Scavarda, Roger Rocha, Silvio Hamacher (2014) Decision Support System for PETROBRAS Ship Scheduling. Interfaces 44(6):555-566.

Hi Gabi,

I see that each of the examples in the howto contain different sections like math model, webui features, etc. Would it be possible to add some screenshots to each of these examples also that show how the application looks like. That way, might be easier to check which example uses a widget in a way I would like to use it. For example, I recently saw a screenshot of the SCN and via that found that it was possible to style a checkbox as a toggle button.

Hey @gdiepen! Thanks for the feedback, for a couple of examples I already have a small video added to the article (for example: https://how-to.aimms.com/Articles/383/383-contract-allocation.html), will this be helpfull already?  

Must admit that I wanted to deploy this article first and then add the small video to it. 😅

Those for sure will be very useful! I understand that making the video is taking a bit more time/effort so maybe the initial release of such a page could be with some screenshots and then later you can add the video?

Hey, sorry I was not able to do some screenshots. But the small video is now there. 😀

Cool, looks great!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator