Solved

Screen Magnification and WebUI

Userlevel 1
Badge

What are some best practices to develop WebUI’s to consider a user who has their screen set to say 125% magnification in Windows? Am I stuck with just changing my screen magnification to see the results?

icon

Best answer by Gertjan 11 July 2020, 14:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Scott Bury , can you share what the concerning behavior you experience? For me this is not quite clear. Eg do you see resizing behavior issues, are you experiencing weird visual behavior (if so what), something else? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Gertjan - Both my client and I have the same size lap screen and resolution (1920x1080) but she runs it at 150% magnification. So a nice clean and organized set of widgets on a page (no custom positions) will look fine on my screen but squashed on her screen and in some cases the expand button being hidden under the side panel.  And since I’m still on Windows 7 I have to log-off to change to 125 or 150% 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Scott Bury , thanks for sharing your details. We are solving this with the new Page Layout that we are working on. We like to release this in Q3. See eg an example in https://community.aimms.com/product-updates-roadmap-36/product-update-june-2020-665. Here a smaller and larger resolution assures appropriate resizing of the screen. This should help a lot on your request (hopefully completely solve it). 

We plan to post a prerelease on the community as soon as we can! So please stay tuned.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator