Introduce yourself!

• 21 June 2022
  • 5 replies
Introduce yourself!
Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Welcome to the AIMMS Online Community!

Our community is getting bigger every day, and it would be great to get to know each other a little better. 

Here you can introduce yourself briefly and say hi. 👋

For inspiration, you can use these questions...

• What’s your name? 

• Where are you from? 🌍

• What are you currently working on? 📊

• What makes you excited about AIMMS? 🤓

• Which special skill that you have will help you survive a zombie apocalypse? 🤔

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi folks!

I’ll get things started…

• My name is Jessica, and I manage the online community (and some other community development projects) here at AIMMS!
  • I am from the US, but am in the process of moving to Europe…
  • I am currently gathering some help to “level up” our community platform and make it work for you!
  • What I love about AIMMS is its versatility - I’ve seen so many cool projects with hugely diverse areas and purposes (and industries, and academic interests, ...)
  • As for my zombie-defense plan, I have memorized the dance steps from Thriller. Once the music has begun, they cannot resist to join in the dance routine, giving others time to set defense positions. I know we can defeat the horde!

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Heey, this is me!

• What’s your name? My name is Gabriela, but you can call me Gabby or Gabi!

• Where are you from? 🌍 I am from Brazil, and currently living in Brazil also. 🚩

• What are you currently working on? 📊 Right in this moment, I am working on my AIMMS Campus presentation! Are you going to attend? 🤗

• What makes you excited about AIMMS? 🤓I love how adaptable AIMMS is! If you have creativity you can develop anything with AIMMS!

• Which special skill that you have will help you survive a zombie apocalypse? 🤔Quite hard question!! I guess, grow a garden? With potatoes and tomatoes we can survive right? 🥔🥕 hahaha

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
  • What’s your name? 

Patrick, and I lead our Commercial Operations

• Where are you from? 🌍

I live in Utrecht with my girl and our two kids.

• What are you currently working on? 📊

The commercial plans for the second half of this year.

• What makes you excited about AIMMS? 

Every day I am challenged by my colleagues to do my job even better. As a result, I learn something new every day.

• Which special skill that you have will help you survive a zombie apocalypse🤔

Well, like Roky sings… 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello everyone!

• What’s your name? Luis! I am Customer Success Manager, so am involved in user content and supporting our community!

• Where are you from? 🌍 I am from Brazil, but currently live close to our headquarters in the Netherlands!

• What are you currently working on? 📊 I am working on our Hackathon event at the AIMMS Campus. It is going to te a nice challenge. Are you up for it?

• What makes you excited about AIMMS? 🤓 How practical and easy it is. My passion for modelling should not be hindered by technology! I want to get my hands dirty and start playing with models and allowing users to connect and use them.

• Which special skill that you have will help you survive a zombie apocalypse🤔 I am a planner, so every time I am in a new building, I already analyze what are the defenses for a Zombie Apocalypse. 🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️ What is the best route in and out, where to barricade, how much food is available, etc. Got to be ready!

Hello everyone !!! 🙋🏾‍♂️😊 👇

What’s your name?

My name  is Yasmany Fernández 

Where are you from?

I Am from Cuba 🇨🇺, actually living in Ecuador 🇪🇨

What are you currently working on?

Actually am math researcher and teacher👨🏽‍🏫 in a public university (UPEC) and PhD candidate in Math Sciences in Havana University, Cuba (part time) with topic: Emergency management under uncertain information.

What makes you excited about AIMMS? 

About AIMMS, it has been emotional for me...until i knew this not only optimization tool if not a software - active - community  for learn and work reality problems where my notion of mathematical modeling changed and has been updated for the better.

Which special skill that you have will help you survive a zombie apocalypse

In fact, i will use resilience until 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️ threat. Lets consider their system like not only uncertain system if not a chaotic one ... so i will not only consider uncertainty in zombies movements, i will also consider chaos in the whole system. This will help balance the situation each day until we manage to minimize its threat. It is not shure that we will return to normal, but a daily balance that achieves a better day than the previous one can lead us to success. 

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator