Skip to main content

Can we make pages inactive (but visible in the menu)?

Related products: WebUI

I often use the first page as sort of "section header" to indicate the common topic of its child pages. Usually, this "header page" contains nothing, but can be opened. This is confusing.

Could we make this page visible, yet unclickable?
Hi @Richard,

Currently there isn't a way to make a page not clickable.

One way to circumvent this is by creating a procedure that calls the webui::OpenPage('pageId'); function and call this procedure in the Upon Page load for that respective page you want as a "header page". So when the user clicks this header page it will redirect them to the page you defined in the procedure.

Thanks.
@Pratap Kumble Thanks for your reply, we indeed already implemented what you suggested 🙂. Though this is workable, it could cause confusion as it redirects the user to another page than he might expect. Would love to hear if this is something you could develop in a future release!
Hi @Richard,

We will be considering this request and I have put it through our process of feature request development. You can expect this in future releases.

I believe the Product updates will have more information. :)

Thanks.

Hi @Richard 

This feature request came up on our roadmap and we have had some discussion on how we would like to proceed. I would like to discuss the idea with you and the community. :)

We discussed a few approaches and picked the most appropriate and one that has the least effort for the application developer.

Idea: When a page is created and has no widgets added (empty page), the page will not be clickable via the menu, and it will act as a section page so to speak. So the application developer does not have to do anything else. AIMMS will differentiate these pages. The application developer can still access these pages via the page manager if they see the need to add widgets.

We will also think of a way to indicate such pages in the page manager for easy identification.

Please let us know what you think and if you might have some questions or suggestions.

Thanks.

Hi @Pratap Kumble,

This message flew under my radar, but it is as relevant as it was a year ago 😉. I like the idea of automating this when there are no widgets, but perhaps that is a bit too ‘simple’.

Have you thought about the option to control this through a (binary) parameter? This way, we have more control and flexibility as to when to implement this. I don't have a clear example in mind as for why we would want to click on a page without widgets, but perhaps we block a page (but we still want to show the page) for a specific user (group), and that would not be possible with your suggestion.

Do you have any more info as to when we can expect this to be released?

Thanks!

Hi @Richard,

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Adding an option in the page settings was one of our first thoughts. When we add more options, its an additional identifier in the model, and something the application developer needs to keep track of, which they are not very fond of. 

We also discussed the scenario you mention and believe that it’s not the best approach to handle that scenario by making a link clickable/unclickable based on permission/preference. Besides that, to manage that one scenario, you will have to configure identifiers for the other pages as well that just are so-called section pages.

Keeping that in mind and with the vision of making it easy for application developers to build applications we thought of the approach that I shared.

As for a release, we have this on the roadmap for Q4. I do not have a specific date.

Hope that answers your queries!

Thanks.

Pratap

Updated idea status Discussion ongoingOn Roadmap

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator