Skip to main content

Our customers absolutely love (the idea of) the new table upload/download functionality in the webUI.

However we're scared to turn it on, because the upload functionality is quite risky as it's easy to lose quite a bit of data quickly.

For instance, when a table is filtered and exported (and changed a bit in Excel) and then uploaded again, all values that were filtered before are cleared, because they are not present in the Excel.

A proposal to address this from both angles:

• Make the filtered export explicit and optional: add additional dialogue to give end-user choice to download all data, or just the filtered data (only when filtering is active)
  • Provide an option to make the import more forgiving: create two separate upload actions: in replace mode (clears all values not present in the Excel) and in merge mode (doesn’t change values not present in the Excel). In addition, make it up to the app-developer to provide zero, one or two of these actions per table to the end-user.
NewOn Backlog

Any update on this one?

Hi @stijnd

Following our last discussion, I've gathered further details regarding this feature request. Within my team, we did explore potential solutions during our brainstorming session.

Regrettably, due to other priority items on our roadmap, we were unable to make progress on it at this time.

Please be assured that I will keep you informed of any progress or developments regarding this feature. I am committed to providing you with more detailed information as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks,
Madhu Krishnappa
AIMMS WebUI Product Owner

Thanks for the update Madhu!

Hi Madhu, a somewhat related question (as this one is about potentially losing data when using the upload functionality):

• Can the default upload functionality also be used to add elements (rows) to the set (table)?

(I might be missing something, but I can’t find it, but if that is possible it would be easier to revert damage done)

Hi @stijnd ,

No, not there yet. The Upload Excel functionality currently doesn't allow for the addition of new elements to the associated Sets.

Thanks,
Madhu Krishnappa

Any update on this one?

@Madhu Krishnappa: do you have an update on this one?

Hi @stijnd

Thank you for your inquiry.

As the Product Owner of AIMMS WebUI, I can confirm that the enhancements to the Upload-Download Excel feature you’ve mentioned are indeed part of our backlog. However, it’s important to note that certain high business priority epics currently take precedence on our development roadmap. For example, our team is focused on advancing the Table widget enhancements and exploring the "WebUI Pages in Library" epic.

Best regards,
Madhu Krishnappa
AIMMS WebUI Product Owner

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator