Skip to main content

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to create a WebUI page and save it in a library module. 

My goal was to update an old WinUI page that we use in a library, transform it to a WebUI page, and distribute the library to other projects so they can also use the WebUI page.

If there isn’t a way, I think this is a great feature to add.

“As a developer (role) I need to be able to define WebUI pages in libraries (functionality), so I can distribute WebUI pages to other projects, the same way WinUI pages work currently (goal).”

HI @rodrigo.m ,

Currently, we do not have the library support for the WebUI. But we have it on our roadmap and hope to get into it in the first half of 2022.

Thanks for the question. I will move this topic to the Ideation section.

Kind Regards,

Pratap

Updated idea statusNewOn Backlog

An anonymous user shared the following feature request with me:

We have a question about .css files: Is it possible to adjust the standard path (MainProject\WebUI\resources\css) for .css files in AIMMS? We would like to add .css files to a library and use the .css files in multiple projects via the library. Happy to hear your thoughts on this.

As you may know, the epic describing library support for WebUI affects both Application Specific Resources (ASR's) and WebUI pages.

Hi @Pratap Kumble, how is going @rodrigo.m request? We already are in second half of 2022. We are eagerly waiting it.

Cheers,

On BacklogIn Development

Hi Everyone,

I’m pleased to share that we’ve begun brainstorming and exploring this epic in greater detail.

We are interested in learning more about your specific use cases for this feature. Is your primary objective to create Pages (such as grid pages, dialog pages, and side panels) that can be shared and reused across multiple projects?

When incorporating such a library into your project, would you prefer the library pages to be automatically included in the application menu, or would you prefer greater control over defining the page links, their order, and their states (active, inactive, or hidden) within the menu?

Once these libraries are integrated into your project, do you foresee the need to support editing or updating the pages within them?

Furthermore, how many such libraries containing pages do you anticipate adding to your project?

We sincerely appreciate your insights and feedback on this topic. Your input is invaluable in shaping the development of these features, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thank you for your continued support!

Thanks,
Madhu Krishnappa
AIMMS WebUI Product Owner

Hi Madhu,

Is your primary objective to create Pages (such as grid pages, dialog pages, and side panels) that can be shared and reused across multiple projects?

Yes !!!

When incorporating such a library into your project, would you prefer the library pages to be automatically included in the application menu, or would you prefer greater control over defining the page links, their order, and their states (active, inactive, or hidden) within the menu?

We prefer to have control, because not all of them are for end user interface. 

Once these libraries are integrated into your project, do you foresee the need to support editing or updating the pages within them?

I would say that there may be situations in which, after creating the first version of the page, we could update it with more options, or even make some corrections.

Furthermore, how many such libraries containing pages do you anticipate adding to your project?

I took a look at some of our projects and found out that we have at least 5 libraries with pages. I found one of them that has 9 libraries with pages.

Thank you, @erika.hashiguti. Your insights are helpful in guiding the feature brainstorming and development process.

I’m eager to hear feedback from other community members as well.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator