Conference Analytics for a Better World | Amsterdam | June 1, 2022
The Amsterdam Business School and analytics and technology company ORTEC have founded the Analytics for a Better World (ABW) Institute in collaboration with Professor Dimitris Bertsimas of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The institute will work with NGOs, governments and non-profit organizations to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations such as no poverty, good health and well-being and climate action using data and analytics.
About the Conference
On June 1, 2022 (between 14:00-17:10 CET) we are organizing a launching conference to bring together our key partners, researchers and (potential) sponsors. Our aim is to inspire each other, share ABW’s vision and plans and explore opportunities for collaboration. The event will be hosted by the University of Amsterdam, in the new Hybrid Learning Theater. The space in the theatre is limited, but you can also participate online.
Who should join?
- People from the non-profit, public and NGO sector who want to start creating value with analytics (but don't know where to start or have trouble rouble with scaling impact of their analytics initiatives. Thus, NGOs who have the drive, believe, commitment, and willingness to create impact with Analytics on the SDGs;
- Companies and sponsors who want to join our mission and deliver support through (financial or in-kind) skills, knowledge, technology, licenses, services, funding, or support in any form;
- Researchers and students who strongly care about our mission and who want to create an impact with their research.
Why should you join?
- To get inspired from impactful stories on using Analytics for a Better World;
- To learn how to collaborate with ABW and join our mission to apply analytics to contribute to the SDGs;
- To understand the opportunities of using Analytics for solving critical problems relevant to achievement of SDGs.
Participation and registration
This workshop will be organised in a hybrid setting in the Hybrid Learning Theatre of the Amsterdam Business School. The theatre can host up to 40 people. To participate in this meeting, please register through the link. In due course the organising committee will make a selection of participants who will be invited to join on-site and who will join online, in case there will be more registrations than 40. Those who will participate via a digital meeting will receive a video link a few days before the meeting by email.
Registration for this event will close on Tuesday May 31st at 3 p.m.
For general inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programme (timezone CET)
14:10-14:45: Presentation of the Analytics for a Better World Institute
Dick den Hertog (University of Amsterdam), Dimitris Bertsimas (MIT) and Robert Monné (Analytics for a Better World)
14:45-15:30: Keynote presentation
- It Takes Two to Tango: how tech companies and non-profit organisztions can benefit from each other in achieving the SDGs - Elianne Anemaat (Disrupt Development and Amsterdam Data Collective)
16:00-16:30: Parallel sessions I
- Optimal Depot Locations for Humanitarian Logistics Service Providers - Joris Wagenaar (Zero Hunger Lab)
- Creating Impact with Data Analytics for Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Preparedness - Marc van den Homberg (510 - Red Cross)
16:30-17:00: Parallel sessions II
- Data Responsibility: Lessons Learned and Examples in Humanitarian Context - Tinka Valentijn - Data Scientist (UN OCHA Centre for Humanitarian Data)
- Using Geospatial Platforms to Optimize Health Care Access - Kai Kaiser (World Bank)
17:00-17:10: Wrap up
5:10 p.m.: Closing drinks