Precedence Tasks

• 26 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I couldnt formulize the precedence relation above in my constraints. Could anyone help me with that? I tried to use the Activities for the tasks but didnt know how to use them with constraints

Thanks in advance

Melike

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

If you have start and end time for each activity then you could add a constraint for each precedence relationship. E.g. StartTime(B) >= EndTime(A). Could it work?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Melike I wonder, did that help you? Or did you find another way?

Hello, i found another way to make it because i wanted to avoid giving start times and end times.

But it was not really as good as i wanted because i wanted to use the restrictionns afterwards to make the precedence relations so that it is globally used in my model

Thanks  alot anyway

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hello @Melike, seems you considered using Constraint Programming for this. Are you aware that @Chris Kuip did a few webinars on this? One that has a scheduling app example can be found at the link below and could be helpful for you.

https://www.aimms.com/english/developers/resources/webinars/webinars-demand/modeling/aimms-training-webinar/

Hello @Gertjan no i didnt know.Thanks a lot for the advice. I will take a look.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator