We are currently working on a new service on our cloud platform that we expect to launch in the first half of 2023 and here is a heads-up.
A complete solution for running Python or R applications from within an AIMMS model, on the AIMMS cloud platform.
So that you can extend your AIMMS model with calculations and/or operations in Python or R, leveraging that language’s particular strengths or specific libraries/packages written for those languages, without having to worry about the deployment of that application.
- ‘Turn-key’ solution: includes all you need to provide AIMMS apps to your users that use the power of Python and/or R.
- Avoids session launch times by allowing repeated calls to a launched session.
- Reduced development effort by using DEX for exchanging data with the AIMMS model, including format conversion and mapping to model identifiers.
- Resources (CPU and memory) can be configured to suit the application’s requirements
- Multiple Python and R versions available, complete with a collection of packages/libraries, to suit app developer needs.
- Deployed in Docker container. Application to be stored as ZIP file on PRO Storage.
To be aware of
- This will replace the existing R-link that we can no longer support when we upgrade to a current Linux version.
- The Python or R application upon launch first needs to establish a REST service end point. We will provide examples for this.
- Cloud (Azure) only.
- Automatic session termination after a configurable idle period (default 5’) or session ‘life-time’ (default 1 hr).
- These services are not part of our regular subscriptions, so please expect additional charges for this service.