Skip to main content

Hi all,

I’ve seen here and there some things mentioned on the following items below, but I lost track on the latest developments. Can someone share a status update on them?

• Have the capability to specify file decimals per identifier (instead of per widget) ?
  • Support for unit (parameters) in WebUI ?
  • Library support for WebUI , i.e. that some WebUI parts / pages become shareable across different AIMMS apps
  • Visible/hidden option per identifier in widget settings

Depending on this I might post an improvement idea for the backlog.

Thanks,

Joost

Hi @Joost 

I appreciate your inquiry.

As the Product Owner of AIMMS WebUI, I want to confirm that the features you've mentioned are indeed included in our backlog/roadmap for future development. However, it's important to understand that certain high-priority items currently take precedence in our development roadmap.  For instance, our team is currently dedicated to the development of the Diagram widget. This widget holds great significance for the WebUI, as it empowers users to visually represent and interact with the flow of networks, processes, and more. It's worth highlighting that the Diagram widget brings enhanced capabilities compared to the currently missing WinUI’s Network Object on WebUI.

Here's an update on the features you inquired about:

1. Capability to Specify Decimals per Identifier (instead of per widget): This feature is indeed in our backlog and will be addressed in due course.

2. Support for Unit (Parameters) in WebUI: This is also part of our backlog. We are actively coordinating with the Engine team to address the dependencies.

3. Library Support for WebUI: This is also part of our backlog and is being considered for future development.

4. Visible/Hidden Option per Identifier in Widget Settings: Similar to the first point, this feature is included in our backlog.

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or require additional information.

Best regards,
Madhu Krishappa
AIMMS WebUI Product Owner

Hi @Madhu Krishnappa , thanks a lot for your answer appreciate it, and curious to learn about the Diagram widget which is a new thing for me, best Joost

Hi @Madhu Krishnappa  is there an update on topic 1 already? Like the the support for unit parameters in webui! Joost

Hi @Joost

Thank you for inquiring about the status of this “controls per Identifiers” feature.

I want to assure you that this feature is indeed included in our Roadmap and is among the top priorities.
However, there is currently another feature under development (Support for HTML contents, Items actions on Table header cells) that takes precedence. Additionally, we have another WebUI feature (Improvements to SidePanel and Workflow) that we need to address before we can make significant progress on the Per Identifier Options feature.

Thanks,
Madhu Krishnappa

I would also love to see ability to include webui pages into a library that we can share across projects.  We have a utility code library we already share across projects, and updating the associates webui pages for each app we have is tedious.

Hi All,

I wanted to update everyone that we're working on enhancing the Table widget with a new option editor. This update will enable support for per-identifier options, including "Show Units", "Decimal Places", “Display Domain”, "Visibility," and more.

I’ll keep you informed on the progress and let you know when this feature is released.

Thanks,
Madhu Krishnappa

Looking forward!

Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to announce the release of AIMMS 24.11 yesterday, which brings several enhancements to the WebUI. Among the key improvements is the upgraded Table widget, now equipped with modern option editors that support per-identifier and per-index configurations. This update offers enhanced control over settings such as Decimal Places, Show Units, and Visibility for individual content identifiers, while retaining all the existing Table functionalities.

Additionally, support for Units (Parameters) in WebUI has been available since the AIMMS 4.98.1 release.

As always, we highly value your feedback and suggestions. We encourage you to explore these new features and share your thoughts with the community.

On a related note, I’m excited to share that we’ve begun brainstorming and exploring the details of “WebUI Pages in Library” epic. Please feel free to provide any information or insights you have on this topic here.

Thank you,

Madhu Krishnappa

Hi @Madhu Krishnappa ,

Great that this is available as feature! I really like how the Webui is becoming more and more mature! 

A follow up question on this feature on the display domain migration (which is also stated in the documentation). We do use in some applications subsets in sidepanels to apply filtering. 

Example: indexFilterLocation , belonging to set FilterLocations, which is a subset of Locations. In that case, it seems that domain displays will not be automatically converted. So the identifier has indexLocation for example. but the domain display indexFilterLocation. Note that we currently haven’t set the slicing per index, for example for indexLocation to indexFilterLocation.

On the other hand, in case the migration can currently not be done, you can’t easily see / lookup what the display domain was in the table widget v1 (since all are upgraded to the v2 version). This probably makes migration a cumbersome process. 

Hopefully you can give us some tips/tricks what are options are.

Thanks & best, Joost

@Madhu Krishnappa it seems that initially I used aimms only table v2 (don’t know why 😉), with Table v2 is seems to work more smoothly, and display domains are picked up. Although I do seem to notice, but not underpinned with actual measurements that the Table v2 seems slower vs Table? Cheers, Joost

Hi @Joost

Thank you for your insights! Indeed, "Table V2" is the experimental feature we're working on. Regarding the "Display Domain" migration, I want to let you know that we are currently in the process of managing it. In the upcoming releases, this will be addressed, ensuring that the indices configured for the display domain in the previous Table version will be taken into account during the migration to Table V2. And, when the “Table V2” feature is turned off, you can check out the display domain details configured within it.

As for your note on performance, I have been monitoring it closely and haven't noticed any discrepancies. I would appreciate it if you could provide more details about this.

Thanks,
Madhu Krishnappa

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator