News

Get Certified with AIMMS Academy

• 24 November 2020
  • 4 replies
Get Certified with AIMMS Academy
Userlevel 6
Badge

We’re excited to bring you a new learning center: AIMMS Academy. AIMMS Academy will offer courses and certifications for all AIMMS users, from beginners to expert modelers. These training resources will help you develop your modeling skills, improve team collaboration with AIMMS features, and advance your career through certifications. It allows you to start learning at your convenience and follow courses at your own pace.  

Available courses 

Currently, we have the following courses open for enrollment:  

• My First App: learn the basics of AIMMS app development   
  • Introduction to Linear Programming: learn to recognize a decision support problem and solve it in AIMMS  
  • Units of Measurement: Learn to use units of measurement in your AIMMS model, improve unit consistency and scale properly against numerical instabilities (intermediate level) 
  • Network Design: learn to design your supply chain network and use scenario modeling to test configurations

More courses and learning paths to come 

Stay tuned for more courses! We will add training materials on a regular basis and will soon launch courses for more advanced users. You can also expect courses covering all AIMMS domains, from supply chain planning to modeling, UI and deployment.  

AIMMS Academy is free to use for everyone. Create an account to get started.  

Got feedback about the platform? Leave a comment below and tell us what you think. Want to propose a new training course? Drop us a line! 

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Aimms team!

What a great idea. When I started my career in the optimization world some years ago in my home country (Colombia), I asked myself what I need to know to be able to build Decision Support Systems in Colombia, the ones I have been reading about in INFORMS magazines, which were materializing the benefits of optimization in organizations around the globe. The best answer I found in those times was given by an experienced operations researcher: “Oh kid.., this is an endless box, I am still learning”.

Although my experience has proved the previous answer is right, I think that this initiative will truly guide students and professionals in this field to have a more effective learning experience to create Decision Support Systems. It really contributes to your mission of democratizing the use of prescriptive analytics in the world.

Thanks!

I am looking forward to enjoying the courses.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Aimms team!

What a great idea. When I started my career in the optimization world some years ago in my home country (Colombia), I asked myself what I need to know to be able to build Decision Support Systems in Colombia, the ones I have been reading about in INFORMS magazines, which were materializing the benefits of optimization in organizations around the globe. The best answer I found in those times was given by an experienced operations researcher: “Oh kid.., this is an endless box, I am still learning”.

Although my experience has proved the previous answer is right, I think that this initiative will truly guide students and professionals in this field to have a more effective learning experience to create Decision Support Systems. It really contributes to your mission of democratizing the use of prescriptive analytics in the world.

Thanks!

I am looking forward to enjoying the courses.

Thank you so much for your comment Juan Esteban! We love your enthusiasm, it’s what drives our work! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@JuanEstebanCalle , and if you ever feel like contributing with a training, please let us know. I am certain the community wants to learn from your rich experience as practitioner and expert!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Gertjan , thanks for your invitation! I will revise the material and think about where I can add value to the AIMMS Academy.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching on our documentation pages:

AIMMS Developer & PRO | AIMMS How-To | AIMMS SC Navigator